Hi Aarthi, thanks for taking the time to chat with SIW. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your work. What inspired you to start “Yummy Tummy”?
Aarthi : Cooking has always been my passion ever since I was in college. After graduation, I got a job in a research based company. I started cooking often, and took them to work. Some of my collegues asked for the recipes. So I thought why not save my recipes in a place where everyone can access it. That’s how Yummy Tummy was born.
What is your USP?
Aarthi : YUMMY TUMMY, Food that makes your tummy happy
Any secret recipe you want to share with SIW readers?
Aarthi : I don’t have any secret recipe for myself, I share all my cooking techniques and recipe with my readers in yummy tummy.So everyone can enjoy my food and recipe..
But I would like to share one of my favorite recipes of all time. It is a simple Microwave Eggless 2 Mins Nutella Mug Cake
Preparation Time : 2 mins
Cooking Time – 2 mins + 30 sec(may be)
Serves – one generously, if shared two
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 4 tblspn
Sugar – 2 tblspn
Cocoa Powder – 2 tblspn
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 4 tblspn
Oil – 2 tblspn
Chocolate Chips – a generous handful
Nutella – 3 tblspn
For Topping: (Optional)
1) Take a bowl, Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar in it. Mix well with a small whisk.
2) Now add in milk, oil, and give a good mix.
3) Now add in chocolate chips and nutella. Mix well till the batter is smooth.
4) Take your coffee mug, spray it with oil.
5) Pour the batter in, sprinkle with some chocolate chips over it..pop it in the microwave and cook for 2 mins or untill it is cooked.
6) Remove from the microwave and let it stand for 2 mins.
7) Now top it with a dollop of fresh cream and some more nutella and dig in.
How someone can start the same business as yours in terms of investment, material procurement, production, and marketing etc?
Aarthi : There is no much investment in starting a website. I used the free platform for starting a blog., then after a year I invested a little to get my own domain. I don’t even invest much in marketing, I do it occasionally. The one thing which I invest is buying produce to cook, getting some good looking props for photography and some of my time daily to check mails and to blog.
Any challenge you face in this profession and how you overcome that?
Aarthi : The only challenge I face in my profession is the harsh comments and weird mails which I get. I don’t take those rude comment to my heart when you have thousands of loving viewers.
What are your plans for the future?
Aarthi : My only wish is to start a small bakery or a small cafe to share my food with the world.
How you manage personal and professional life?
Aarthi : Right now I have a 6 month old baby to look after. So finding time has been a little hectic. Even though I am on a busy schedule, I somehow manage to find time for my blog and update it on a regular basis. All this happens because I am so stubborn on my passion.
What are your favorite books that you would recommend SIW family?
Aarthi : I love reading cooking books. I have quite a few collections of it. Some of my favorite authors are Anjum Anand, Nigella Lawson, and Rachael Allen.
What advice would you give to young women readers of SIW who want to follow a similar career path as you?
Aarthi : If you have the passion on something, the one thing I am telling you is to be strong and follow your heart. You will feel totally bugged, demotivated, sometimes you will think off totally dropping off. But if you keep on following your dream you will see flying colors for sure. So follow your heart you will surely succeed.
All images are property of “Yummy Tummy” and required permissions have been taken to publish it on www.smartindianwomen.com website.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Throw an Elegant Masquerade Party for 18th Birthday - July 15, 2016
- Q&A: Fashion Blogger Shivali Chauhan - June 30, 2016
- The Busy Mom’s Guide to Helping Kids to Organize Their Room - June 30, 2016
- Juggling career and family, yet being a master of management - June 30, 2016
- Feminization of HR: Women Leading in Human Resources – A Quick Look - June 29, 2016